Welcome to Round Six! The first of 2008! Round Six will be focusing on two things, dialogue and a threesome. And, just for kicks, the ‘five things …’ trend has been added to the challenge.
You can enter up to two fictions.
1. Alright, so, first off, there are three things to this challenge, so there really shouldn't be any problem in regards to people not finding any chance to enter. We've provided variety, and it's up to you to see if it can work. We're trying here.
a. The dialogue is going to be quite simple. Below there is a selection of quotes that you need to incorporate it into your piece of work (you can change it to make it fit into your story - modernise it a little bit). Remember, the fic must be around the dialogue — the dialogue should not be inserted in there and serve no real purpose; this is a prompt, your writing should revolve around it.
(25 random quotes.)
• Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.
• The only time my wife and I had a simultaneous orgasm was when the judge signed the divorce papers.
• Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
• The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.
• Men are like parking spots, the good ones are taken and the free ones are handicapped.
• Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
• When a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.
• I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people.
• Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it's amazing what they can accomplish.
• A good leader is a person who takes a little more than his share of the blame and a little less than his share of the credit.
• Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet and so are you.
• When a person gets kissed for the first time, they fall down and they dont get up for at least an hour.
• Don't say you love somebody and then change your mind ... Love isn't like picking what movie you want to watch.
• Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.
• Management is nothing more than motivating other people.
• Love is as much of an object as an obsession, everybody wants it, everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it, those who do will cherish it, be lost in it, and among all, never... never forget it.
• One way is to take the girl out to eat. Make sure its something she likes to eat. French fries usually works for me.
• A good laugh is sunshine in a house.
• Once had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: "No good in a bed, but fine up against a wall."
• Do something everyday that you don't want to do; this is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain.
• To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kinda scary. I've wondered where this started, and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus and a clown killed my dad.
• Love makes the time pass. Time makes love pass.
• Remember that time is money.
• The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
• The best way to keep your friends is not to give them away.
b. There’s a bonus if your piece involves a threesome. Now, it’s not the smut kind. We don’t like smut here. It can be taken as the following: three characters the story revolves around, a pairing where it’s a a/b/c — anything that requires three things or people in it.
c. Now, this bit has been added just in case your muse doesn’t quite agree with one of the above. Usually this wouldn’t really be a bother, we don’t usually offer an ‘or’ to the challenges, but this is a trial and if most people like it and find it much more easier when their muse is being a pig, then we’ll have the challenges form more like this. Anyway, onto the details, your fic can have a ‘five things …’ trend to it. ‘Five things John Smith Didn’t Know About Jane Doe’ … ‘Five Things John Smith Never Said to Jane Doe’ … Just know that if your fic does not include one of the above and only of this, you do not get a bonus.
d. And, for the final bonus, you can include a small soundtrack! We like music here, and we feel that it may help some people to write to certain songs, so, this is freedom for you. If you have a particular song that you really think goes with your work, link it. We like music and we encourage that you do a little ficmix — although not strictly a ficmix where there’s a lyric, a small excerpt, and then the next lyric. That’d be classified as a songfic and us Pretty Stickers people find ourselves allergic to them.
2. This is a trial run for member points. We’re thinking that if we start a point system that the person who has the most points after a certain number of challenges (or drabbles, we’ll be including them very soon!) that they get to choose what’s next for Pretty Stickers in regards to the newest round. (In the subject of your comment, place ‘I left my soul at home’ so I know you’ve read this post. Put a smiley face in there if you like this member points idea. If people like it, there will be a post explaining details about it.) It’s not much, we know, but we’ll say that if you have a fic that you’ve written and you haven’t quite posted it or finished it that this would be something to use to your advantage. We want our members to feel more apart of the community, and this is your chance to have a say.
3. The fandom list will start from scratch for this round, though, with the next, whichever fandoms didn’t get much of a hit won’t be appearing on the next list — unless someone asks nicely.
• Arrested Development.
• Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
• Dark Angel.
• Doctor Who.
• Friday Night Lights.
• Gilmore Girls.
• Gossip Girl.
• Grey’s Anatomy.
• House MD.
• The OC.
• The Office.
• One Tree Hill.
• Prison Break.
• Pushing Daisies.
• Ugly Betty.
• Veronica Mars.
4. This is one of the newest rules. We’d appreciate it if every member could support each other and leave each other feedback at their fiction. It’s really not that hard, considering when it’s time for voting you’ve got to read their work, anyway. So, please, let’s get into the habit of doing this. There may be a tiny reward for the member who shows good writership! (That’s our term for sportsmanship, just so you know. ;))
As before, there is to be no smut or RPF. If you submit this, we regretfully inform you that disqualification will be stamped on your work.
5. You sign up, you vote. It’s only common courtesy if someone votes for you that you take the time to vote for your fellow peers and leave constructive and helpful feedback. If you do not, see what happens when you submit RPF or smut: disqualification. Your fic will be taken out of the round this year.
6. TAG ALL ENTRIES. - fanfiction, round six, author: username.
EVERY ENTRY SUBJECTS MUST LOOK LIKE THIS: R – TITLE. Make sure you change “TITLE” to your work. I plan on catching up on all the memming of the work. It makes it easier for me — and making things easier for me makes me a happy camper.
Make sure you specify which prompt you chose. This means the dialogue bit.
6. If you have any problems with this, please feel free to contact me. (Most likely, reply below.) If you're new and you need a tag, just sign up like everyone else and when you enter I will either have a tag for you ready or tag your author tag for you.
Sign Up Information: Same as last time. You sign up, we know you’re in for this round. If you need to get out, just say so and we’ll forget that you ever signed up in the first place.
There will be no links attached to the challenge posts. It’s your job to look out for relevant posts. All of the ones I’ve made in the past have gone unanswered, so I have been given the impression that I only link them for nothing.
Be sure to know that if you need an extension, there is a post out there for you. See the tags for it.
Other Details: For your information, just so you know when your fic. is most likely expected, the (approximate) dates are below.
+ Fics are due the 15th of March. *
+ Sign ups will end on 14th of March.
+ Voting will take place on 16th of March.*
+ Winners will be announced the 22nd of March.*
(* - Check if this changes.)
GOOD LUCK, and have fun! =) Questions for this particular challenge can be posted here. :) Please make sure you tell your friends about us! ♥